- Gahat or kulath (horse gram) – 1 Cup
- Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
- Green chillies – 3 to 4 nos
- Jakhiya – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Dry coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 3 cups
- Mustard oil – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Total Time : 60 mins
- Preparation Time : 15 mins
- Cooking Time : 45 mins
- Servings : 4
BEST COOKED IN
- Metal Pot
- Soak the gahat daal in water overnight. In the morning wash and rub the daal in running water so that it is free of seed covering (chilka).
- Then, grind it into a dry thick paste in a mixer or on a silbatta along with green chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Add Mustard oil in the pot and make thick pancakes (like cutlets) daal paste. Use only half of the paste for making the pancakes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add jakhiya seeds and heeng.
- Now add gahat paste ( remaining paste & water ), turmeric powder, dry coriander powder and salt.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes on slow fire. Add the pancakes to the gravy and continue simmer for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- The gravy should have pouring consistency. Garnish with pure ghee and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice.
DONT FORGET TO USE MYOR PAHAD’S JAMBU, GANDHRYAN & OTHER SPICES.
ALONG WITH DONT MISS 15+ VARITIES OF PICKLES WE HAVE INTRODUCED RECENTLY.